Woe is the weatherman who “incorrectly” predicts tomorrow’s weather. The public translates, “Tomorrow an 80% chance of ice and snow,” as “we’re going to have ice and snow tomorrow.” But there’s still a 20% chance that there won’t be ice and snow! The Giants beat a 14 point spread against the Patriots but nobody accused the book makers of being wrong. If an event with 1% probability does occur it’s not a miracle, it just wasn’t terribly likely.

Even Harrah’s loses a few turns of the roulette wheel now and then.